Different methods of getting IRCTC availability of seats
Earlier people used to stand in long queues in order to book a ticket in the Indian Railways. Imagine a situation in which you would get to know that there are no seats available in the train when you reach the end of the queue. Now you can check theIRCTC availability of trains before you go to book a ticket, what better, you can even book a ticket sitting at home through the internet, all you need is an internet connection. Gone are the days when you would have to stand in long queues in order to get a ticket, IRCTC has gone tech savvy for the benefit of the travellers. It is always advisable to make an IRCTC availability enquiry before you book a ticket so that you do not have to face the trouble of getting a Waiting list ticket.
You can now check the IRCTC availability of trains through internet, through SMS or by visiting the enquiry counter at the railway station. It is always advisable to check the IRCTC availability status online or through SMS if you want to avoid standing in long queues at the enquiry counter.
Checking the IRCTC availability status online
Internet has brought a radical change in our lives. You can do just about anything on the internet and IRCTC is using the internet to roll out new services for travellers. Here is how you can check the IRCTC availability status online.
- Log on to www.indianrail.gov.in and then click on the Seat availability link.
- Now enter the train number and the station code from where you have to board the train.
- You may not be aware of the station code. You can find the station code at http://www.indianrail.gov.in/dont_know_station_code.html
- You can also check the IRCTC availability of trains on www.irctc.co.in where you would need to maintain an account in order to avail the services.
- You can also check the availability through one of the websites recognised by the Indian Railways for example cleartrip or erail.
Checking IRCTC availability status in person
- You can visit the nearby railway station in order to check the seat availability.
- You can also visit the nearest booking centre.
- You will have to fill up a form and then submit it to the concerned person in order to receive the availability; you can then book the ticket with the same form.
- Very few people follow this method since you may have to stand in a long queue to fetch the information that you are looking for.
Check IRCTC availability of trains through SMS
- You will have to send an SMS to 57886 in the given format in order to receive the details you are looking for
- You will get an SMS mentioning the availability within minutes of sending the SMS
- The format specified for getting the IRCTC availability status through SMS is as follows:
Send IRVASB [Train No.][Station1] to [Station 2] [DD] [MM]
On internet people are searching using the below key phrases
- irctc availability of seats
- irctc availability enquiry
- irctc availability tatkal
- irctc availability train
- irctc availability of trains
- irctc availability status
You may also like